Sunday, June 25, 2006

Weight Workouts

On Friday, I met with my trainer in the morning and did an arm workout:

3 sets of everything with 15 reps.

SS1:Wide grip upright row
SS1:EZ bar biceps curl
SS1:EZ seated overhead extension
SS2:Lateral Raise
SS2:Seated Reverse grip curl
SS2:Overhead cable triceps extension
SS3:Rear delt raise with EZ bar
SS3:Front raise with plate

With the super-sets (SS), there is less rest when working the muscles, since you're moving from one exercise to the next instead of doing each exercise individually.

Friday afternoon I just ran on the treadmill at the gym for 30 minutes since the weather was pretty crappy here.

Saturday morning I got up and did my abs/chest/back workout:

SS1:Dumbell chest press
SS1:Machine row
SS2:Machine chest press
SS2:Bent over EZ bar row
SS3:Ball dumbell pullover
SS3:Reverse grip EZ bar row
SS4:Ball knee pull-ins
SS4:Decline cruch

Afterwards I ran an easy 25 minutes.

I haven't felt good at all today (Sunday), so I'm taking a rest day.

My trainer is on vacation, so I'm on my own for the next 2 weeks for my weight workouts. I'm planning on doing the Arm workout tomorrow morning.

1 Comments:

Blogger brownie said...

Crappy weather helps build the intangebles that make you tough on race day. Maybe someday you'll learn this.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home